Sponsored by The Historic Preservation Alliance of Colorado Springs
In Honor of Preservation Month
Topic: “Shooks Run & Its Surrounding Neighborhoods”
When: Saturday, May 25, 2013, 9:30 a.m. to approximately 12 noon
Where: Begins with a presentation in the Worship Center at the First Lutheran Church at1515 N. Cascade Ave. and continues with a walking tour along the Shooks Run Trail. Participants will drive to where the walking tour begins. Please wear comfortable shoes for the tour.
Description: The morning begins with a power point presentation by Tim Scanlon about the history of Shooks Run and the development of its surrounding neighborhoods, including contributions by the Patty Jewett Golf Course & the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad. The walking tour will direct us south along the Shooks Run Trail, where Tim will point out and discuss a variety of architectural styles representative of nearby historic resources.
- Meeting room directions will be posted at the church. Parking is available behind the church or along the streets.
- The walking tour begins on the Shooks Run Trail at N. El Paso and San Rafael streets.
Presenter: Tim Scanlon is a local historian and consultant.
“Maintenance is Preservation”
SAVE THE DATES: JUNE 22ND & JUNE 29TH
Topic: Presentation & Discussion, “Exterior Maintenance”
• When: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Where: Luther Hall, behind the First Lutheran Church, 1515 N. Cascade Ave.
• Description: Charlie Paterson will give examples and discuss symptoms, causes,and appropriate remediation for a variety of exterior home maintenance areas. Q & A will be ongoing.
• Presenter: Charlie Paterson, general contractor & owner of Charlie Paterson Construction
A Hands-on Workshop: Maximum number of participants is 6, so please RSVP to Pat Doyle. (Info below.)
• When: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon
• Where: Workshop at Charlie Paterson Construction, 2620 W. Cucharras St. in Old Colorado City.
• Charlie Will Address: glazing & painting windows
• Directions: The business parking lot is small, but there is additional free parking along the street & in the area parking lots.
• Presenter: Charlie Paterson
Questions or to RSVP: Pat Doyle at 473-8108; firstname.lastname@example.org