- The National Park Service administers the National Register of Historic Places, the official list of our Nation’s historic places worthy of preservation.
- Nomination documentation was prepared and submitted for the North End Historic District in 1982 and again in 2015 for an expansion of the District; North Weber-Wahsatch Historic District documentation was submitted to the Park Service in 1985.
- History Colorado’s Office of Archaeology & Historic Preservation (OAHP) review board considered each property proposed for listing and made a recommendation on its eligibility.
- The nomination forms below include key historical and architectural information about the historic districts, photographs, and a listing of all eligible properties.
- A National Park Service listing as a historical district offers many advantages to homeowners within the district including increased property value and state tax credits for certain property improvements.
- History Colorado’s OAHP strongly encourages the preservation of National and State Register properties. Property owners should be aware that the listing of a property on the National Register imposes no automatic restrictions on property renovations.
Many Old North End Neighborhood homes are located within one of the two historic districts referenced above. Click on this map which shows the boundaries of the two historic districts in the neighborhood.
- Old North End National Register Historic District (Original District Listed in 1982 and Expanded District listed in 2015)
Expanded Old North End National Register Historic District Nomination Form (Listed 9/2015)
Expanded District Photos
Original 1982 Old North End National Register Historic District Nomination Form
Original 1982 Historic District Photos – (due to file size, download to your PC to open)
- North Weber-Wahsatch National Register Historic District (Listed in 1985)
North Weber-Wahsatch National Register Historic District Nomination Form (Listed 1985)
North Weber-Wahsatch Historic District Photos – ( due to file size, download to your PC to open)